Friday, April 27, 2012

Holy Crap!

Those were the words that came out of my mouth yesterday as I looked to see if I got in the ING New York City Marathon.

Orange shoelaces for those training for the marathon. I will wear them with pride!

I do believe the exact words were...
"Holy Crap Vanessa, I think I just got into the marathon!" Vanessa is my good friend at work who shares a cube with me. A tear swelled up in my eye. For the time being it is a tear of joy as I have dreamed of being in the marathon. Literally. I had a dream that I was in it so I thought I'd jump in the lottery to see what would happen. 

Now I have to dream that I am a millionaire while I'm on a roll!

Needless to say my summer/fall just got a lot busier. But Lee said he'd learn to cook since I'll have less time to prepare our meals. Had I known this, I'd tried to get in a lot earlier.

Anyway. Today is painting day. I finished up 2 of my pin up girls- Saucy and Bubbles. Now I'm moving on to my commission piece for the remainder of the afternoon.

This is Bubbles. I'm using the Iphone app Instagram now for the photos. I like it better than the Hipstamatic for right now.

This is Saucy. And saucy she is.

Saucy in the window!

No comments:

Post a Comment