Sunday, August 28, 2011

Studio tour

For a close to a week my older sister has been visiting me here in the city. We had a ball! We went to Ellis Island, The High Line, Grand Central, did a walking tour to see where Edgar Allen Poe, John Wilkes Booth and other note-ables lived. I surely enjoyed the time off of work and art. Sometimes you need a breather.

My sister is also an artist. I love her stuff. Check her out- Lisa Ocampo.

Today I just got back into preparing for my show in September. I made some display boxes today covered with carnival tickets. Not sure exactly yet how I will use them. But I think these will add some interest to my table.


Since I don't have a lot to report about on the art front. I figured this would be a good time for a studio tour. Such as it it!
This is my studio! I do my painting and jewelry making right here.

Right next door to my studio is my computer lab.



Adjacent to the computer lab is my "vast" library or carnival and circus books. Oh and a sleeping puppy.


Why I even have my own vented spray booth!
When we moved here I knew space would be an issue. We were hoping to get a 2 bedroom. That way I could have a separate room to work in. We ended up with a 1 bedroom. So the studio is in the living room. Luckily it is quite a long room and we actually have a bigger living room area than we did back home in Winston.

It is a good thing that I like working small. But I have done one large piece since we've lived here. I did our family portrait circus banner. It is about 4 feet tall.

O'Brien Family Portrait
There are plenty of artist studios to rent here in the city but that costs money... a lot of money. Plus I like working at home so I can be with Monster, Elvira and Miss Kitty.

Monster




Miss Kitty
On the occasion I feel quarters are too tight- I just remember that I have the best back yard in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment