Sunday, June 3, 2012

Happy Anniversary to ME!

As I was downloading my pics for today's blog I noticed that it has been one year that I've been writing and sharing my creations and New York City living here on my humble blog! What fun it has been.

Well what I have I been up to?

Geeze where to start. Well today I went for an 11 mile run this morning to get the juices flowing. Then I started some sketches for some pin up paintings that I am doing.

I'm having an art show in July in Winston-Salem which will feature several of my pin up and burlesque gals along with some other new pieces and new jewelry.

Sneak Peek!
Speaking of Burlesque... I just took some classes at the New York School of Burlesque. I had such fun. I even learned to tassel twirl. And let me just say burlesque is NOT striping. It is theatrical strip TEASE. Leaving some things up to the imagination of the audience. I'll keep ya posted on when I decide to perform. My name by the way is Lilac A-Daisy.

"Official" graduation certificate
Last week I found some great vanity mirrors from China town. I knew I'd think of something to do with them. I'm sad though... The resin I sealed them in does not seem to be curing. So this may be the project that never was.



Last weekend I rode Maybelle (my bike) up to some of the ships that were docked here for Fleet Week. I went on and toured the Eagle. Which is a training vessel. I always love Fleet Week and seeing the sailor boys... um I mean the ships ; )




I've had a box of my paintings gathering dust on top of our armoire for some time now. Finally I dug them out and opened a "gallery" in our entry hallway. It was like visiting old friends. I had forgotten about some of these pieces.

Just like Christmas!

A nice welcome upon entering the apartment


While walking around in the hood the other day, hood meaning SOHO. I came across this great piano player and his little friend who like singing along with him. There are so many creative talented people here in the city it's just so inspirational. I love it so!

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment