Sunday, June 10, 2012

Where does my weekend go?

Every weekend of my summer seems to fly by at record speed. There is so much to do and see and eat. I need another ME to get it all done sometime.

For the sake of my writing here we'll pretend my weekend starts on Friday. Since I think most people think I just don't work on Fridays and I sit at home eating bon bons with my feet up. Oh contraire!

Friday I painted for 8 hours straight. That's about the max my neck can take.

Most of the pieces in this photo were started Friday. They will be for sale soon in Winston-Salem so start saving your pennies!

Art in Progress... I don't want you to see too much till they're finished
Friday night was also chore night. Ugggh. Bed Bath and Beyond time. New sheets are needed. So we hop on our bikes and take the sketchy trip up 6th Ave. We lived to tell about it and it takes a quarter of the time as the subway.

Maybelle with her flowers and basket ready for chore night


We return the sheets to the apartment and hop back on our bikes and hit up The Spotted Pig for dinner. We'd eaten there before and left happy. This time not so much. We got stuck in the window at the bar with ants. The service was ssssslllllooooowwwwww. We spent $94 and I had to leave and get a slice of pizza. The food's flavor was fine but nothing to write home about.

The we went to the Orient Express for a cocktail. The place is totally cute all decked out in vintage train gear. Their cocktails are quite lovely as well. Only one though cause we're biking plus we forgot our lights and it's close to dark.

It's just a little sliver of a place
Saturday morning is running day. I head our for a 12 miler. No photos to report here too busy just trying to breath and make it there and back. But it was a nice run up the Hudson from Canal to 100 and something Street and back. Well I'm about half way to my marathon mileage. Whew!

The remainder of the daylight hours is spent painting some more.

The night holds a trip up the street for some Mexican yumminess. At El Portal on Elizabeth Street. I get the pumpkin flower dish. You gotta try it if you get the chance.

Along the way we happened upon this cool sculpture. It is about twice human size.

On the way home I need a cup cake. So it's a quick hop into George Town Cupcakes. I just get plain vanilla with chocolate icing today. Too good.

Love the pink glitter mixer. It makes the cupcakes better
Sunday morning warrants a trip to the gym to replenish my muscles. There's lots to do so we're up at 7am. Yeah on Sunday.

The is the view from the gym. I wish our apartment had a view like this.
Back home we do a whirlwind cleaning on the apartment and then it's off to Coney! Yippy!

A perfect day at the beach
Now I'm sitting here with my tummy full of sushi that we had delivered writing this blog and waiting for my groceries to be delivered.

Next weekend is surfing and a tour of a vacant subway station. More on that later!

2 comments:

  1. A tummy full of sushi. And a vacant subway station to look forward to.
    Nice life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to read this post - felt like i was with you almost. Cheers from Alex

    ReplyDelete