Friday, June 22, 2012

Bawdy Broads are coming to town

In a little over two weeks I'll be heading back home to NC. My husband and I have made this an annual event- traveling to Winston-Salem during the 4th of July week. The reason... HRW! For those of you not in the "know" That is the Heavy Rebel Weekend.

New York is great for a lot of things. Live rockabilly music is not one of them. Sure we have our share of bands that'll pass through this summer. But nothing can compare to the dirt, fun and grit that is HRW.

I also usually try to line up an art show during this time. This year is no exception. Since Millicent closed Urban Artware (sniff sniff) I've been showing a little bit at Dye Pretty Salon downtown Winston.

This go round in honor of some of the pin up queens and burlesque dancers that will be gracing us with their presence at HRW- I have several big eyed pin up gals painted on board and shellacked to a candy coated sheen- YUM! I also have some other never before seen pieces that is more my typical style- cute and creepy.

Rumblin' Ruby

Also I will be displaying some of my hand painted cameo necklaces.

Bettie the Vegetarian Butcher


Not only will I be showing off my goods... so will one of my favorite artists... Daniel Vonseggen. I am so excited to be showing with him. I have one of his robot paintings and have admired his work for years. I am excited to see what he's got up his sleeve!
One of Daniel's Robots
So please stop on by Dye Pretty Salon 621 North Trade Street, Winston-Salem on Friday July 6th to see some Bawdy Broads. I'm thinkin' it's going to be a riot!

No comments:

Post a Comment