Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer time shinannigans

Summer is in full force and I'm loving it!

Some people like to ditch the city when the heat arrives. Not me- no way! Summer is my favorite time in the city. 

I've had a lot going on. I'm finishing up everything for this coming Friday's art show at Dye Pretty in Winston-Salem.

New necklaces and wall hanging displays


However I am still finding time to have some summer time fun!

Of course I've hit up Coney Island several times. We went to the Mermaid Parade ball. That was a lot of fun. I can't believe what I did though...


I wore the same outfit as I did last year. Gasp! This is soooo unlike me. But with the art show coming up I just couldn't take extra time to do a new out fit.


It was nice to wear my crown that I made again anyway.

The other night it was Yankee Game time. Thy lost, but we had a good time anyway. It's nice to do something during the week.

Yep we were in the nose bleed section. But fun was had by all!
 




Heading to the ball


 My latest kick is surfing! I've always wanted to try it. Out of the many many times of going to the beach I finally decided to give it a whirl. Thanks goes to my friend Vanessa who's idea it was and who set up the lessons for the both of us. Now we're both hooked.


Catching a wave

And another

This is on our second day of surfing
I've still been biking and training for the marathon too. I'm up to 13 miles. Half way there! I'm a little worried how training will go while I'm home in NC for a week. But I've put 2 runs on my schedule and I plan to stick to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment