Sunday, October 16, 2011

A fall day at Coney Island

It's an 85º sunny October day in New York...

You know where I'm headed. Coney Island!

We had to walk up to the West 4th Street Station. The E wasn't running down at Spring Street. Surprise surprise.

I'm wishy washy when it comes to Graffiti. I think it is wrong, it defaces people's property. Not to mention most of it looks like crap these days. But being an artist I do like seeing really nice graffiti. I really can't say the last time that I saw any was however.


Upon my arrival at the station I was greeted by this lovely lady. She's quite hideous and it has ruined a wall that my tax dollar helped to purchase. But she made me smile anyway. She must have thought she was going to Coney too.

Now I can hardly call this next wall graffiti. It is more of a mural.  A lovely one too. It's been there a couple years and is holding up quite well. There are a few peeling areas but has remained untagged as far as I can see.



I love this! Around construction sites up here they always put up these electric blue walls. Out here at Coney they have decorated this one with another mural.

The artist is Ephameron

Marie Robert's is the resident banner painter for the Coney Island side show. I still dream of doing that job. I think my banners look quite nice as well.
Banners at the Coney Island Freak Bar
My Penguin Girl Banner

My Tiny the Tattooed Tot banner


The signs out here are works of art themselves. Here are a few examples.




This could have quite possibly been my last day to visit Ruby's out on the boardwalk. It was a fantastic day of noticing the artwork, enjoying the sunshine and watching a little dancing! Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment