Monday, November 10, 2014

The big move is ON!

One week one day- that is all that’s left of me living the dream in New York.

Seven years ago Lee and I packed all of our worldly possessions in a UHAUL truck and headed for the bright lights and big city that is New York. We had no jobs and no sense moving with out one. It all worked out somehow, just like I knew it would. I do often wonder though when my luck is going to run out.

Sure I believe if you want to do something in life just do it. I also believe to make a success out of it you have to work for it and rely on a little luck.

Anyway we thought we’d be here for five to ten years and we’ve landed pretty much in the middle of that time frame. It’s been nothing more than fabulous. Really. It’s felt like a 7 year vacation where I just so happen have to run in and work ever so often to pay a bill or two.

I don’t know anyone who’s done New York like we’ve done New York. We hit the ground a runnin’ and we’ve not stopped. Museums, galleries, festivals, parades, marathons- check. We’ve explored every borough. Now there is plenty left to explore don’t get me wrong. You could never see it all nor could you eat it all!

Oh yes the food- that’s what I will miss the most. My waistline will probably be thanking me for getting outta town!

After our summer vacation last year to Wrightsville Beach NC Lee and I knew we had to start our exit plan. I’ve always dreamed of living at the beach. I also used to dream of living in New York and I made that happen so why NOT the beach?

Our “plan” was not much of a plan, it went kinda like this 1. Decide on a beach 2. Save some money 3. Find a house 4. Buy it 5. Move. Done. Simple as that.

We chose Tybee Island Georgia for one reason my sister lives in Savannah which is only 20 minutes away and it seems like a quirky, fun and artsy beach!

Follow me here as I am going to be documenting the move. In the mean time here are some pics from seven years ago on our way in.


Which way?


Lee before the gray hair

Are we there yet?

Almost there



Time to unpack!



No comments:

Post a Comment