Friday, November 14, 2014

Simple Living

As Lee and I are packing up our tiny little apartment to move to Tybee, I am wondering where did all this stuff come from!

For the past several months we've been cleaning out drawers, cabinets and boxes. I swore off shopping for clothes for months. I've tried to become less of a consumer. What gives?

I am just going to have to try harder, that is all I can do.

I've packed up all of my makeup and hair products. I don't wear a lot of makeup anyway but I have to say it is nice know all I have to do is put on my home made face oil, some cheek stain and mascara because that is all that is available at the moment. I still have a drawer's worth of eye shadow, lipstick and foundation tucked away in some box that I just am not willing to part with yet. I do like having my options. Who knows when an occasion will arise where I want to do a Liz Taylor look- I will need sky blue eye shadow and I have that. Or maybe I want to go goth for an event- I'm going to need that black lipstick that I have. 

Then there are my boxes and boxes of clothes. Sure I have not shopped in quite sometime and yes I did rid myself of some clothing items. I do pride myself however in being able to pull together an outfit for any occasion straight out of my closet. Mermaid parade? Yep I got that. 1920s Lawn Party? Yes indeed! Vintage cowgirl with chaps? Ok, well I might have to work on that one a bit.

Oh yeah we are also art collectors. Lee and I both love art and sometimes we just can't turn it down. I never think about "I love that piece but where can we put it?" Over the years if we have liked a piece and we could afford it, we've bought it. I love all of them! I do think I will hang in rotation from now on rather than trying to display it all at once. Oh but how to decide? We have a ton of pieces in storage, I am most anxious to see those friends again. They will probably get first dibs.

All I know is ridding oneself of clutter is a work in progress and I will continue as I am UN-packing in Tybee. Keep your eyes out, there maybe a really good yard sale in the future!

Stuff!

More stuff

There is no where to go!

Even Elvira is just trying to get out of the way



No comments:

Post a Comment