Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sketching and being FREE!

Most Fridays are art days. I love this. I have such a blessed life that I have been able to do this for the last 7 or so years. But I have issues. I think in my head that on those Fridays I must be doing art work that is making me money since I am not getting paid at a "REAL" job.

I really need to break free from this because art is just about ART. It is not or should not be about getting paid. Now granted I still need to pay those bills that come around each and every month. But luckily my daily gig does ok on that front.

Well last Friday I had a commission piece to varnish but it was not quite dry yet. So I grabbed my sketch book. Not just any sketch book but a sketch book from this web site.
Once I complete it is will travel the country then come to live at the Sketch Book Library across the East River in Brooklyn.

This was a great exercise for me. For 1- I will make no money off this book, for 2- I rarely sketch anything and for 3- it is good for me to draw with out looking for reference on the computer. I need to draw more out of my head.



It is all official looking (for now)

I really like pink

Sweet Zombie Sue

Such a beautiful day!

Maybelle with her paniers and basket carried all my supplies rather easily

Oh and for 4- It was a beautiful day to take Maybelle down to the river for this project.

Do any of you artists struggle out there with balancing doing art for fun and art for money?

No comments:

Post a Comment