Saturday, March 10, 2012

Art Collection Round 2

Last time I showed you some of my art collection and promised to show you the rest at a later date. Well that date is today!

This piece we commissioned from a friend of Lee's (my husband), J. J. Rudisil. Check out his website. He is one of the most awesome artists I know. For this piece the only thing we told him was that we wanted it Coney Island themed. We still must get it framed to show it's true beauty. But right now it resides in a predominate place in the living room and it makes me smile every time I look at it.

Look at the detail J.J. does, incredible
Love this face.
Just wonderful.
Sitting right next to it is a lovely little ceramic skull we purchased from an LA artist on the beach front in Venice Beach. Unfortunately I don't remember his name- it's signed Glez or Gle3. Each and every skull the artist had was different. I sure wish I would have bought more!

Hand painted skull from Venice Beach
 I picked up this lovely lady at the Rescue Mission in Winston-Salem. I found her quite lovely. I love the soft pinks and those bright red lips. I wonder who she was. What a deal too, she was probably less than $1.00!

I'll call her "Pretty in Pink"


Another one of my favorite artists (and people in general) is Leanne Blake Pizio We own a lot of her pieces. Unfortunately some are in storage as we don't have a lot of display room up here in NYC. I do have a screen print and a pitcher of hers to proudly display.I just the pitcher to hold fresh flowers.

Pink screen print- so lovely
Anyone who knows me knows I love me some BATS!
When I saw this piece I really wanted it bad. It's not what I typically go for but for some reason I just loved this piece. It was crazy and kind of frantic. It's a small piece and to make it have more presence I had it framed with this really wide white and black double mat. It's by Matt Sesow. I bought it from a gallery in Raleigh that I have shown in called Rebus Works. They always have a great collection of work there.
I love this unsettling piece.

Not too long ago we happened upon an opening of yet another favorite artist of mine John John Jesse. I have long admired his style. I was also happy to see him at the opening 'cause he is rather hot! We could not afford an original of his but we did get a limited edition signed print of his and it's the first one! Woo hoo!
This is the print that we have, we're so lucky to get the first one.

See, told ya- HOT!
Several years ago I took a trip up here to get some artistic inspiration and I found myself at MF Gallery where I snagged up this print by Angelique.

Looks amazing on our light blue walls.
I think that is about it. We have tons more art back in NC but when we moved to NYC we just weren't sure how much room we'd have to display things. I can't wait till the day I can go to storage and bring out all my "old friends" and put them back where they belong- on the wall!


No comments:

Post a Comment