Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The BIG 40

This past weekend was my birthday weekend. Not just any birthday either. It was the BIG 40. Seems as some people dread these big mile stone birthdays. But oh- not I!

I love birthdays. I have since I was a kid so why stop now. After all you get cake, some cards and even gifts sometimes. You're only as old as you feel. I know that is not entirely true, but I feel 29 so I'll just go with it.

For my big day my wonderful husband Lee surprised me with a trip to one of my favorite places- Miami/South Beach. I won't bore you with ALL the details, you can check my FaceBook for that.

It was rather dreamy as we got to spend one night in a Penthouse Suite. Not because that's what Lee booked but just because the kind staff at the Ocean Hotel hooked us up. Thanks! The place was bigger than our NYC apartment even though that is not saying much.
Pool area
Bar area

View from our room
Front at night
Life Guard stand near by
More pool area
One of the pool side cabanas


The next day was the super surprise as we headed to the Fontainebleau. I've dreamed of staying here. All we did was lounge by the pool and loved every spectacular moment of it. I was surprised again with a stunning necklace from my favorite jewelry store Tiffany's of course.

 

Here I am by the pool. Some reading this may say "Look at her posting her picture here, who does she think she is?" Truth is for 40 I think I look pretty good I know I feel good. All due to working out and eating pretty good most of the time. So yep my birthday was a time to celebrate ME. So for your next birthday you deserve to celebrate yourself as well, we all do!
Meee!

Thank you Lee my wonderful husband for the best birthday a girl could ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment