Saturday, November 5, 2011

Skulls Skulls Everywhere

I don't have to tell you how popular skulls have become. They are everywhere these days. Fads come and go, but this fad is all about ME! I've been collecting and painting skull themed things before they hit the main stream.


With their popularity at the present, it does make it a lot easier to find some really cool things. And once this trend has passed I can say for sure I'll still be wearing and displaying my collection.


I thought we'd have a little look at some of my pieces...


This beautiful skull candle was a gift from Millicent Greason and Chris Teague when I moved to NY.


This piece I picked up in LA.  The artist's brother was selling them. It's signed Glez, but I can't find any info on him.




My husband bought this piece at Rebus Works in Raleigh. It's a wonderful gallery if you're in the area you should check it out. It's signed MMBC but again, I cant find info.


I also have collected quite a bit of skull jewelry. This first batch is all from one of all time fave jewelry stores. But alas brick and mortar store in the LES no longer exists. But check out the online store. Exhibitionist Jewelry. I already saw something I want just opening up the link to copy it here. Aggggh!



I love these earrings. The heart stones are actually a deep garnet. 
When I was walking by the store a few years back they just happened to be closing that day so they were having a SALE! I snatched up these 2 little beauties. The baby skull is soooo tiny I love it.
This is my favorite piece from there. This was an anniversary gift Lee had custom made for me. One skull has red eyes the other light blue.
Now lets move on to another favorite jewelry maker of mine. Tarina Tarantino. She's totally opposite of Exhibitionist. Her pieces are super sugar sweet.


Blue skull and cross earrings

These little darlings were free with purchase. Love that!

This was the first piece of her's that I bought. In Scottsdale AZ of all places.

Close up 1

Close up 2

Cute little simple skulls and bows! Photographed on a piece from one of my favorite artists- Leanne Pizio. Head over and check her out. She does amazing things. We bought this piece because it looks like our dog Elvira and I love bats!
I don't restrict myself to just human shaped skulls. Oh no. Pigeons are also good. Bought this piece at the Rumblers Car show a few years back.




I treated myself to an Alexander McQueen scarf last week.


I made these little ditties myself. Watch out Tarina!
Here is another gift from my wonderful husband. He knows the way to my heart is a Roberto Coin diamond skull ; )
These might have been my first skull purchase. I picked them up at a bead shop in Carborro NC. I love the little curl in the middle of her forehead.
Last but not least a sweet super detailed skull ring that I alway wear with my ruby and diamond band. The skull came from a cool shop right up the street EVOLUTION. Check the link, they have a great online store.
I think that is the end of my collection. I hope you enjoyed. Now you know what you can get me for Christmas. WINK WINK!

No comments:

Post a Comment